The following article applies to iOS devices only.
If your iDevices product shows "Unreachable" in the app when you're not connected to your home WiFi® network, try the following:
- Connect to your home WiFi® network.
- Verify you can control all of your iDevices products within the iDevices Connected app.
- Delete the iDevices app from your device (you will not have to reset or setup your products).
- Download the iDevices Connected app from the Apple App Store.
- When you open the iDevices app, allow the prompts to ensure your products appear again in the iDevices Connected app.
- Confirm you can control your products.
- To test remote connectivity, temporarily turn off WiFi® on your device and open the iDevices app. The toggle should appear after several seconds. Remote access takes longer for the toggle to appear compared to when you're connected to your home WiFi® network, this is normal.
If your iDevices Socket shows "Unreachable" in the app while connected to your home WiFi® network, try the following:
- In the settings of your iOS device, turn Wi-Fi® off and turn it back on. Then tap the arrows to reconnect to your Socket.
- If turning Wi-Fi off and back on does not resolve the issue, unplug the Socket. Wait 10 seconds, ensure that you DO NOT have the button pressed on the Socket and then plug the Socket back in. Then tap the arrows to reconnect to your Socket.
If unplugging the Socket and plugging it back in does not resolve the issue, follow the steps below to reset your Socket and set it up again:
- Delete the Socket from the iDevices app:
- For iOS: Tap on the Socket, tap the “Edit”, scroll down and tap “Delete”.
- For Android: Tap on the Socket, tap the 3 dots, tap “Edit Product”, scroll down and tap “Delete Product”.
- With the iDevices Socket plugged in, hold down the button on the side of the Socket until the LED light rapidly flashes red.
- Continue holding the button for 5 seconds.
- Let go of the button on the Socket.
- The Socket LED light should continually flash blue. This is an indication that the iDevices Socket is ready for pairing.
- Open iDevices Connected app and follow the on screen directions to finish setting up your Socket.
For detailed information on setting up your Socket on iOS and Android devices:
After the Socket is reconnected make sure you complete any available firmware updates as this will most likely resolve the connection issue you were experiencing. For firmware update instructions, please visit: http://idevicesinc.com/support/socket/230362368/