Before pairing the iDevices Socket to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your Wi-Fi network is running on a 2.4 GHz b/g/n Wi-Fi band and using WPA or WPA2-Personal security. Note that 5 GHz networks are NOT compatible. Also, download the latest iDevices Connected App here:
Connecting Your Socket
When opening the iDevices Connected app for the first time, several prompts will appear on screen. Allowing these prompts will ensure proper connection to Apple’s HomeKit™ Protocol, which is required for setting up a new device. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
If Home Data or Synchronize Custom Home were OFF, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and toggle your Wi-Fi OFF and then back ON, before setting up your product.
***Note for iOS 10 users:*** If your iOS device is running iOS 10, please be sure you have the most up-to-date version of the iDevices Connected app (300.32) before setting up your product.
If you still have difficulty connecting the product to your network, try connecting to your Wi-Fi network via the Wi-Fi Settings. Please go to Settings > Wi-Fi, towards the bottom you will see "Set Up New Device..." with Socket XXXXXXXX listed below. Tap on the Socket, verify your network is selected (if you have separate names for your 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network bands, verify the 2.4 GHz network is selected), then tap next to continue connecting the Socket to your network. Once it's joined the network, tap "Done" and continue to the iDevices Connected app and scroll down to step #5 to complete the setup. If your iOS device is not running iOS 10, continue to step #1.
1. Available devices will be shown at the top of the app, or tap the menu button (☰) then select "Add Product".
2. If you don’t see your device, check if the blue setup indicator on the product is blinking fast or slow. If it's blinking slow, hold button down for 3 seconds, release, and confirm fast blink.
3. Once you've located the product you’d like to connect to and tap the add icon.
4. Your product will connect to the Wi-Fi network your iOS device is connected to.
5. The Socket will turn solid blue to indicate it has successfully joined your home network.
6. To ensure the app is adding the correct product, the app will ask you to confirm its identity. The LED on the Socket will blink purple to indicate it is the new product being added.
7. When prompted, enter the 8-digit pin previously noted on the Quick Start Guide or back of the Socket. On iOS 9, you can scan the pin with your camera, instead of entering it manually.
8. The app will now walk you through setting up your iDevices Socket. Select a name for your product.
9. Select a name for how Siri recognizes the LED nightlight on the product.
10. Choose a photo for the product. You can use the default photo or take a custom photo.
11. If this is your first HomeKit™ product, the app will walk you through creating a home. If you already have a home set up, the app will skip this step and you will be able to assign the product to a room.
12. Your product is now setup!
Once set up, you will be able to quickly control the product within the app, or using Siri®. To learn about all the additional features, check out the iDevices Connected app manual for HomeKit.
- Power on your Android Device (phone/tablet).
- Please ensure Bluetooth is enabled. Bluetooth is used to pair your Android device and Smart Home Product.
- Please ensure Wi-Fi® is enabled. After pairing is complete all communication between your Android device and Smart Home Product is done via Wi-Fi®.
- Make note of your Wi-Fi® network name and password for later in the setup process.
- Locate and launch the iDevices Connected App.
- Plug in or install your iDevices Smart Home product.
- Select your Google Account to link to iDevices Connected when prompted.
- Tap on the three lines in the upper right-hand corner (☰).
- Tap Add Product.
- The iDevices Connected app will locate the product in pairing mode.
- Choose the Wifi network that your product will pair to.
- The product will pair via Bluetooth, then connect to the Wifi network.
- Name your product. Choose a suggested name or enter a custom name.
- Select a photo for your product. Use the default photo or take a custom photo.
- Select a Room for your product to be located in.
- Register your product.
- Your product setup is complete. Tap "Start Using Product".