On iOS devices, iDevices Smart Home Products can utilize Apple's iCloud® service to sync information to different iOS devices signed in to the same iCloud® account. This will allow you to control your HomeKit™ devices (including non-iDevices HomeKit™ products) from all of your iOS devices.
Note: When updating to the newest version of the iDevices Connected app, you must update the app on all of your iOS devices for syncing to continue to work properly.
Follow the steps below:
- On your administrator device (the iOS device you used initially to set up the Outdoor Switch) go to Settings > iCloud® (log in to your iCloud® account if you are not logged in)
- In iCloud® settings, make sure iCloud Drive, Home, and Keychain® are turned ON and approve with security code
- Power off the administrator iOS device and then power it back on
- On your secondary device, go to Settings > iCloud® (log in to your iCloud account if you are not logged in)
- On the secondary device, make sure iCloud Drive, Home, and Keychain® are turned ON and approve with security code
- Power off the secondary iOS device and then power it back on
- To confirm that your iOS device has HomeKit™ data stored, you can go to Settings > HomeKit™. This setting option is listed when the iOS device has HomeKit™ data. If there is no HomeKit™ data, the HomeKit™ setting option will not be listed
If your Home information doesn't show up in the iDevices app on your secondary iOS device try the following steps:
In the following steps we will assume that your iOS Device A is the device which HAS your iDevices product set up and working and iOS Device B is the device which does NOT show your iDevices product.
Try these steps IN ORDER:
- Sign OUT of iCloud® (Settings > iCloud® > Sign Out) on Device A
- Sign OUT of iCloud® on Device B
- Sign IN to iCloud® on Device A and turn on iCloud Keychain® and approve with security code
- Sign IN to iCloud® on Device B and turn on iCloud Keychain® and approve with security code
If you are having trouble with your iCloud® Keychain, please take a look at Apple's Support article here:
To Sync between Android Devices:
You must have a Google account.
Follow the steps below:
- Tap the menu button (☰) in the top left-hand corner of the iDevices Connected app
- Tap “Settings”
- Tap “Account”
- Tap “Sign In” to add a Google account and start syncing. Tapping the current Google account listed will allow you to Sign Out and stop syncing, or to Sign In again with a different Google account.
Note: For security and privacy purposes, when changing Google accounts all app data will be cleared and connected devices must be reset and setup again.