You can change the name of your Thermostat at any time! Follow the steps below to change the name of your product:
For iOS Devices:
1. Tap on the product you would like to edit.
2. Tap “Edit” to the right of the current name of the Thermostat.
3. Then tap on the name of the product. This will bring up the various preset naming options to choose from, or you can tap on the name at the top to type in a custom name.
4. Once you have selected or typed in the new name, tap “Save” on the top righthand corner of the screen.
For Android Devices:
1. Tap on the Product you would like to edit.
2. Tap on the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Tap Edit Product.
4. Tap on the current name of the Product.
5. Tap on the name again to bring up the keyboard and edit the custom name, or tap the X to the right to clear the name and bring up the list of suggested names.
6. Tap Done on the top right to save the new name.
To update the new name with Alexa:
Tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper right hand corner, scroll down and tap "Settings".
Then, scroll down and select "Amazon Alexa"
Next, tap "Check Link Status"
Once the products are linked you can say "Alexa, discover." or run a discovery via the Alexa app. Alexa will now recognize the updated name!