You can change the name of your Switch at any time! Follow the steps below to change the name of your product on iOS devices:
1. Tap on the product you would like to edit.
2. Tap “Edit” to the right of the current name of the Switch.
3. Then tap on the name of the product. This will bring up the various preset naming options to choose from, or you can tap on the name at the top to type in a custom name.
4. Once you have selected or typed in the new name, tap “Save” on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
If the name of the Switch includes the words “Light” or “Fan,” it will change the Associated Service. This allows Siri® to recognize the device as a light or fan. When you say, “Siri, turn on the lights/fans in my home,” Siri will recognize that device and turn on the connected accessory.
- Tap on the product you would like to edit.
- Tap the 3 dots on the top right-hand corner.
- Tap “Edit Product”.
- Then tap on the current name of the product to type in a custom name or tap the “X” to the right to bring up the list of suggested names.
- Once you have selected or typed in the new name, tap “Done” on the top righthand corner of the screen.
To update the new name with Alexa:
Tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper right hand corner, scroll down and tap "Settings".
Then, scroll down and select "Amazon Alexa"
Next, tap "Check Link Status"
Once the products are linked you can say "Alexa, discover." or run a discovery via the Alexa app. Alexa will now recognize the updated name!