The following article applies to iOS devices only.
If you get an Unexpected Error, try the following steps:
Press the Device Reboot button on the bottom right-hand corner. Keep an eye on the LED nightlight and see if the light flashes green. If the light flashes green, proceed to the iDevices Connected app > Menu Button (☰) > + Add Product.
If you do not see the LED light flash green, then follow the following procedure:
Step 1) Connect iOS device to the Dimmer Switch:
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Determine the full Dimmer Switch Name under “Set Up New Device,” make a note of this Dimmer Switch name.
- Format of Wall Switch name is as follows: Wall Dimmer XXXXXXXX
- Only include the first 8 digits in black. Ignore the digits in gray.
- Once Dimmer Switch name is noted, tap “Other…”
Step 2) Enter the full Dimmer Switch name in the “Name” field
- The name is case sensitive and is based on the Dimmer Switch name noted above, enter the name as "Wall-Dimmer-XXXXXXXX".
- Tap “Join” on the top right-hand corner.
Step 3) iOS device will try to directly connect to Dimmer Switch:
- Tap info icon to the right of the Dimmer Switch name to view the network details (see screenshot below).
Step 4) Enter network numbers into Static IP
- Tap on “Static” tab.
- Enter the following information exactly in the corresponding sections:
- IP Address: 192.168.0.2
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Router: 192.168.0.1
- Once each number sequence is entered, tap “Wi-Fi” on the top left-hand corner.
Step 5) Confirm the iOS device is connected to the Dimmer Switch by the checkmark indication next to the Dimmer Switch name
- Your iOS device is now directly connected to the Dimmer Switch’s Wi-Fi.
Step 6) Under “Set Up New Device” initiate the iOS network info handoff process
- Tap on the Dimmer Switch device you noted previously
Step 7) Proceed to accessory setup
- Select the Wi-Fi® network you will be using your Dimmer Switch with and tap “Next” in the top right-hand corner
Step 8) Proceed to the iDevices Connected app to finish pairing and adding to HomeKit™
- If the process is successful, open the iDevices Connected app and add the product that has the accessory name used in the setup.
- If the process yields the “Unexpected Error Occurred” result, reboot the Dimmer Switch, and confirm that the LED flashes green and then is solid blue. If this occurs, open the iDevices Connected app and add the product that has the accessory name used in the setup.
If the Dimmer Switch blinks purple during the initial setup process, this is an indication that it can’t join the router and it's likely that the router security setting is incorrect. Check the Wi-Fi® security settings you have enabled on your router. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to your wireless router by either entering the IP address of your router or typing www.routerlogin.net into your web browser.
- If prompted for a username/password, enter it and you’ll be brought to your router’s settings. If you don’t know the login information, try entering “admin” for the username and “password” for the password.
- Once you’ve logged in, look for an option for Wireless, and more specifically, Security.
- For Security Mode, you’re going to select WPA or WPA2-Personal (WPA2-PSK). If given an option for Encryption, select AES, not TKIP.
- In some cases, you may have to change your Wi-Fi® password to a more secure password. If you have to change your password, you will have to type the updated password for all of the devices (computers, tablets, smartphones) that connect to your network.
- Click "Save" or "Apply Changes".
- Your router may reboot itself to apply the changes.
- Try to set up your product to your network again.
If you encounter difficulty logging into your router, you can contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance.