By using iDevices Switch, Outdoor Switch and Wall Outlet, homeowners can save money on utility bills. The app shows current wattage draw, estimated cost, as well as average hours used. This gives users the insight they need to make better energy saving decisions daily. Your energy report can be viewed by Day, Week, Month, Year or All Time. You'll also receive a monthly energy overview pop-up, allowing you a convenient and quick look at your energy usage.
When you open the iDevices app for the first time, it will allow you to Enable Location Services which will customize your Energy Report. If you haven't allowed location service you can always enable it later by going to Settings > iDevices > Change "Location" to "While Using the App".
By default, when location services are enabled the app will show your energy report using the average energy rate for the State or Province of the location of your home. If location services are not enabled the national average will be shown.
Follow these steps to customize the rate to your specific energy rate and see a comparison of your rate, to the rate of your State/Province average:
- Tap "Edit" to the right of the name of your home.
- Scroll down and select "Energy Rates", you'll see the State/Province average rate listed currently.
- Enter your custom energy rate in the box, based on of the energy rate your electric bill.
On your Android device:
- Open the iDevices app.
- Tap on the three dots in the upper right hand corner.
- Tap on "Edit Home"
- Scroll down and tap on the listing shown below "ENERGY RATES".
- Tap on the current rate and customize it to your current rate.
- Tap on "Done" the energy rate is now changed.