Before pairing the iDevices Thermostat to your WiFi network, ensure that your WiFi network is running on a 2.4 GHz b/g/n WiFi band and using WPA or WPA2-PSK with AES encryption. If you have multiple wireless networks such as a guest network, a 2.4 GHz network, and a 5 GHz network. Please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial set-up. HomeKit accessories can not be set-up on Guest Networks.Connecting Your Thermostat
1. The Thermostat will walk you through setting the appropriate HVAC settings for your system. Tap the Gear button to start.
2. Set the HVAC Type:
HP for Heat Pump or Non HP for Conventional Systems
3. If you selected Heat Pump (HP), you will now set the OB Type:
Select O or B based off of the reversing valve for your HVAC system
4. If you selected Non Heat Pump/Conventional (Non HP), you will now set the Fuel Type:
Select HE for Electric Heat or HG for Gas or Fuel Oil
5. Set the Relay Type for the HUM terminal:
Off (No wire connected to HUM), W3/Aux Heat, Humid (Humidification), Dehumid (Dehumidification)
6. Next, the display will show the Setup Summary which allows you to review the selected settings. Tap the Gear button to save your selections or tap the back arrow to go back and adjust the selections.
7. You will now start the process of connecting the Thermostat to your WiFi network and the iDevices app, tap the gear button to start.
8. Select iOS or Android.
9. Continue to the steps below for setting up with an iOS or Android device.
When opening the iDevices Connected app for the first time, several prompts will appear on screen. Allowing these prompts will ensure proper connection to Apple’s HomeKit Protocol, which is required for setting up a new device. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
If Home Data or Synchronize Custom Home were OFF, go to Settings > WiFi and toggle your WiFi OFF and then back ON, before setting up your product.
1. Available devices will be shown at the top of the app, or tap the menu button (☰) then select "Add Product". Find the product you’d like to connect to and tap the add icon.
2. The Wifi network your iOS device is connected will come up, tap Next to join the Thermostat to the network.
3. Tap Done once the Thermostat has joined your WiFi network.
4. The iDevices app will have you confirm that the Thermostat identified itself. The Thermostat display will show "Identifying Device". Tap Yes to confirm.
4.When prompted, scan the 8-digit pin on the Thermostat display with your camera.
5. If this is your first HomeKit product you will be guided through creating your Home. You will then customize your Thermostat. Select a name for your Thermostat. You can type in a custom name or choose from the list of suggestions. The name can also be edited later via the iDevices Connected app.
6. Select a photo for your Thermostat, you can choose the default photo or take a custom photo. Any photos can be adjusted later in the iDevices Connected app.
7. Choose the room your Thermostat will be located. You can select an existing room or add a new room.
8. The app will guide you through creating schedules for your Thermostat. You can customize the time and temperature by tapping on the text in purple or you can skip this step and create schedules later.
9. Your setup is complete!
1. Verify your Bluetooth is turned ON and you're connected to your WiFi network. Open the iDevices Connected app. Tap the menu button (☰) in the upper left-hand corner, then tap Add Product.
2. Hold your Android device close to the Thermostat, within 1".
3. The iDevices Connected app with recognize the Thermostat and begin the pairing process.
4. Select your WiFi network from the list, you will be prompted to enter the password for the network.
5. The iDevices app will join the Thermostat to your WiFi network.
6. The iDevices app will automatically run any available firmware updates for your Thermostat.
7. Once the update is complete you'll be asked to choose a name and photo for your iDevices Thermostat. You can choose a default option or you can choose a custom option.
8. Name the room the Thermostat is located in. Enter a custom name or choose a name from the list of suggestions.
9. The iDevices app will walk you through creating schedules for your iDevices Thermostat. If you skip this step now you can create a Schedule from the iDevices app later by tapping on the Calendar icon at the top.
10. Register your iDevices Thermostat.
11. Your Setup is complete!