The following article applies to iOS devices only.
All of the iDevices HomeKit™ products support Siri®, letting users control each directly from an iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® using just their voice.
After you pair your accessory and iOS device, you can control the accessory with Siri® commands. Here are some examples:
- "Turn on the lights" or "Turn off the lights."
- "Turn on the coffee maker."
If you set up ‘Homes,’ ‘Rooms,’ ‘Zones,’ or ‘Scenes,’, you can use commands like this:
- "Turn on the upstairs lights."
- "Turn off Chloe's light."
- "Turn on the printer in the office."
- "Party time."
- "Dinner party."
For some accessories, Siri® commands won't work while your iOS device is locked. For example, you'll need to unlock your device before you can use Siri® to unlock your door.