Before pairing the iDevices Wall Outlet to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your Wi-Fi® network is running on a 2.4 GHz b/g/n Wi-Fi band and using WPA or WPA2-Personal security with AES encryption. If you have multiple wireless networks such as a guest network, a 2.4 GHz network, and a 5 GHz network. Please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial set-up. HomeKit accessories can not be set-up on Guest Networks. Download the latest iDevices Connected App here:
Connecting Your Wall Outlet
Connecting To The Wireless Network:
Download the iDevices® Connected app and connect to your home’s Wi-Fi® network. To proceed with setup please be sure both Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® are enabled on your device.
Ensure the power/breaker is turned back ON and the LED on the iDevices® Wall Outlet is rapidly flashing blue. Note: If the LED is not flashing blue rapidly, hold either of the ON/ OFF buttons until the LED blinks red, then release to perform a device reset and re-enter pairing mode. At this point, the LED will rapidly flash blue.
When opening the iDevices Connected app for the first time, several prompts will appear on screen. Allowing these prompts will ensure proper connection to Apple’s HomeKit™ Protocol, which is required for setting up a new device. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
If Home Data or Synchronize Custom Home were OFF, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and toggle your Wi-Fi OFF and then back ON, before setting up your product.
Setting Up Wall Outlet:
1. Open the iDevices Connected App.
2. Devices in pairing mode will show up at the top of the app. Tap on "Wall Outlet XXXXXXXX".
3. The Wi-Fi Pairing screen will come up, verify your 2.4 GHz network band is selected. Tap Next.
4. Once the Wall Outlet joins the network, tap Done.
5. The iDevices Connected app will have you confirmed that the Wall Outlet identified itself, the LED on the Outlet will flash purple several times. Tap Yes.
6. Use the Pull Out Tab on the right side of the Outlet to access the HomeKit Code. Position the code in the camera frame to capture the code or tap Enter Code Manually to type in the HomeKit Code.
7. After the Accessory is added you'll be prompted to name Outlet A. Type in a custom name or select from the preset names (this name can be adjusted after setup is complete if desired). Tap Next.
8. Select a photo for Outlet A, you can take a custom photo of the accessory connected to Outlet A or you can use the default photo (this photo can be adjusted after setup is complete if desired). Tap Next.
9. Outlet A setup is complete! Tap the button at the bottom to continue to setup Outlet B.
10. Select a name for the accessory connected to Outlet B.
11. Select a photo for Outlet B, you can take a custom photo of the accessory connected to Outlet B or you can use the default photo (this photo can be adjusted after setup is complete if desired). Tap Next.
12. Select a name for how Siri recognizes the LED nightlight on the Outlet. Tap Next.
13. Choose the room for your Wall Outlet, you can select an existing room or you can create a new room. Tap Next.
14. Register your Wall Outlet. Tap Done.
15. Outlet B setup is complete! Tap "Start Using Product" to continue to control your product!
- Power on your Android Device (phone/tablet).
- Please ensure Bluetooth is enabled. Bluetooth is used to pair your Android device and Smart Home Product.
- Please ensure Wi-Fi® is enabled. After pairing is complete all communication between your Android device and Smart Home Product is done via Wi-Fi®.
- Make note of your Wi-Fi® network name and password for later in the setup process.
- Locate and launch the iDevices Connected App.
- Plug in or install your iDevices Smart Home product.
- Select your Google Account to link to iDevices Connected when prompted.
- Tap on the three lines in the upper right-hand corner (☰).
- Tap Add Product.
- The iDevices Connected app will locate the product in pairing mode.
- Choose the Wifi network that your product will pair to.
- The product will pair via Bluetooth, then connect to the Wifi network.
- If your Wall Outlet requires a firmware update it will prompt you to install the update.
- You will now be prompted to customize each outlet. Tap "Customize Outlets"
- Select a name for Outlet A. Tap Next.
- Select a Photo for Outlet A. Tap Next.
- Now select a name for Outlet B. Tap Next.
- Select a photo for Outlet B.
- Select a Room for your product to be located in.
- Register your product.
- Your product setup is complete. Tap "Start Using Product".