Before pairing the iDevices Wall Switch to your Wi-Fi® network, ensure that your Wi-Fi® network is running on a 2.4 GHz b/g/n Wi-Fi band and using WPA or WPA2-Personal security with AES encryption. If you have multiple wireless networks such as a guest network, a 2.4 GHz network, and a 5 GHz network. Please connect your phone or tablet to the 2.4 GHz network for initial set-up. HomeKit accessories can not be set-up on Guest Networks. Download the latest iDevices Connected App here:
Connecting Your Wall Switch
Wireless Communication Setup:
The wireless setup is a two-step process for a 3-way Switch configuration. First you will pair the Primary Switch to the Secondary Switch, then you will add the Primary Switch to your Wi-Fi® network.
STEP 1: Ensure power/breaker is turned back ON and the LED on both Wall Switches are solid purple.
STEP 2: Locate the Primary Switch. Hold “6” until the LED rapidly flashes blue (3 seconds) then release. Next tap “1” to enter pairing mode. The LED will slowly flash blue.
Next locate the Secondary Switch. Repeat the steps above on the Secondary Switch by holding “6” until the LED rapidly flashes blue (3 seconds) then release. Next tap “1” to begin the pairing mode. The LED will flash blue slowly.
The Secondary Wall Switch will search and pair to the Primary Switch. The LED on each Wall Switch will rapidly blink green 5 times and each Wall Switch will beep 5 times to indicate the pairing process is complete.
Connecting To The Wireless Network:
STEP 1: On the Primary Switch press and hold “6” for 3 seconds and release when the LED rapidly flashes blue. Next Tap “2” to begin the Wi-Fi® connection process.
STEP 2: Launch the iDevices® Connected app and you will be guided through the process of connecting your wall switches. For iOS devices, you will need the HomeKit™ setup code on the pull out tab of your Primary Wall Switch
When opening the iDevices Connected app for the first time, several prompts will appear on screen. Allowing these prompts will ensure proper connection to Apple’s HomeKit™ Protocol, which is required for setting up a new device. If you are unsure if you allowed all prompts, please go to Settings > iDevices and make sure everything is turned ON.
If Home Data or Synchronize Custom Home were OFF, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and toggle your Wi-Fi OFF and then back ON, before setting up your product.
Setting up your Wall Switch:
1. Available devices will be shown at the top of the app.
4. Your product will connect to the Wi-Fi network your iOS device is connected to.
5. The LED will turn solid blue to indicate it has successfully joined your home network.
6. To ensure the app is adding the correct product, the app will ask you to confirm its identity. The LED on the Wall Switch will blink purple to indicate it is the new product being added.
7. When prompted, enter the 8-digit pin previously noted on the side of the Wall Switch or on the Pull Out Tab.
8. The app will now walk you through setting up your iDevices Wall Switch. Select a name for your product.
9. Select a name for how Siri recognizes the LED nightlight on the product.
10. Choose a photo for the product. You can use the default photo or take a custom photo.
11. If this is your first HomeKit™ product, the app will walk you through creating a home. If you already have a home set up, the app will skip this step and you will be able to assign the product to a room.
12. Your product is now setup!
- Power on your Android Device (phone/tablet).
- Please ensure Bluetooth is enabled. Bluetooth is used to pair your Android device and Smart Home Product.
- Please ensure Wi-Fi® is enabled. After pairing is complete all communication between your Android device and Smart Home Product is done via Wi-Fi®.
- Make note of your Wi-Fi® network name and password for later in the setup process.
- Locate and launch the iDevices Connected App.
- Plug in or install your iDevices Smart Home product.
- Select your Google Account to link to iDevices Connected when prompted.
- Tap on the three lines in the upper right-hand corner (☰).
- Tap Add Product.
- The iDevices Connected app will locate the product in pairing mode.
- Choose the Wifi network that your product will pair to.
- The product will pair via Bluetooth, then connect to the Wifi network.
- If your Wall Switch required a firmware update it will prompt you to install the update.
- Name your product. Choose a suggested name or enter a custom name.
- Select a photo for your product. Use the default photo or take a custom photo.
- Select a Room for your product to be located in.
- Register your product.
- Your product setup is complete. Tap "Start Using Product".